Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Innerspace or Hypochondriac?

If you've seen "Innerspace" (1987), then you'll understand what I'm talking about in this post. If not...don't go see it. (It's not worth it.)

Editorial ReviewsAmazon.comDistractingly loose but clever, this 1987 comedy by Joe Dante (Gremlins, Matinee) stars Martin Short as a hypochondriac and Dennis Quaid as a miniaturized test pilot who is accidentally injected into him. Taking a page or two (or a hundred) from the classic science fiction movie Fantastic Voyage, Innerspace details the adventures of traveling through the human body's complicated systems, though in this case, it proves an unusual way for two characters to forge a bond. Dante's endless imagination goes into overdrive here, but the film is more gimmick than anything else and ultimately feels a bit hollow. Fans of Short or Quaid might like it more than most, though Dante's hardcore fans will also appreciate seeing his stock players Dick Miller and Kevin McCarthy. --Tom Keogh

For the past 4-5 hours, I have felt like something was attacking my eye! I have a sharp and aching pain behind my right eye, which I can only imagine is some little innerspace vehicle trying to communicate with me. (This is where having seen the movie would actually be helpful.)

If I start hearing voices, I'm checking myself in.

3 comments:

  1. wow, you've got spam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that supposed to be impressive? I've noticed a few others here and there...I could trash it, but why make people wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  3. as the admin. you can delet permenatly and it wouldn't leave the this com. has been deleted crap, or I could hehehe

    ReplyDelete

Oh come on-- the least you can do is say HELLO!! You didn't come all this way to turn around and walk away, did you? DID YOU??