We made it back from our eternal, never-ending warp vacation to Happy Valley. It was just the munchkins and myself, while my husband stayed behind to work, et.al. You know you have been gone too long when
* your dog is afraid of the "stranger" in the house
* your children (that usually wake up at the butt crack of dawn) sleep in until 10 A.M on your first day back
* there are fruitflies in the sink
* there are 22 messages on the phone because your husband "doesn't know how to check the voicemail" (though you wrote it out for him before you left)
* the pile of laundary in the livingroom is STILL in the livingroom, untouched, right where you left it
* your baby is STILL asleep at 11 A.M.
* you can't wait to jump online to catch up on Daily Dancer for the past three weeks
* going to bed is not just about sleep anymore (c'mon, moms, you know what I'm talking about here!)
* the list of "chores to do" you left for your husband to keep him occupied and busy, instead of "woe is me, feeling sorry for myself that I'm all alone, so I'll just sit here and read a book or channel surf until you get home"...is STILL on the counter, untouched, and filled with things that are STILL TO DO!
* you have to run the disposal for 10 minutes straight to get rid of all the shcrap your husband has thrown down there the past three weeks
* there's dog poo in the backyard that hasn't been cleaned up because after all, "It's not my husband's dog", it's mine
*realizing the title to your blog entry needs to be changed to "You know your husband has been without his wife for too long when..."