Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Holy Rainman, Batman!

The Facts:

My daughter went to bed at 7:45 last night.

My husband when in to check on her at 10:45 p.m.

He walked in to find Sweetie in her bed reading a book (in the dark-- yes, ruining her eyesight-- I know), and she had all the books off the bookshelf and carefully placed into a collage on the floor.

My first thought? That's right, HOLY RAINMAN !












I guess I shouldn't complain...I ended up with some really sweet pictures. And it was one of those tender moments when your child asks, "mommy, why are you taking so many pictures?" and you get to say, "because I love you so much that I want to capture every single moment of your life!"

*I know the pictures are blurry, but I didn't want to turn on the flash and ruin the moment

11 comments:

  1. oh...my girl does that...who knows what time she actually falls asleep...boy...if i would have done that when i was little i would have gotten my butt whipped!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That seriously is so funny! But last time I visited she wanted to take all the books off and show me every one of them. Maybe she couldn't decide which to read.

    Cute pictures

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least she'll be good at cleaning her room when she gets older! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have taken a photo too... capturing these moments is so important! They grow up way too quick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That book collage is kind of cool...even if it is a bunch of work to clean up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's the cutest thing--and very heartwarming to a book-geek like me. I love seeing book-geeks in their larval stages!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute. So cute. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, she just had some reading to catch up on. Very. Funny.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwwwww.....I love it! And you are totally right, great photos, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lair that sooo didnt happen last night because we were on the phone you found out this happened. to qupte mony python "LAIR LAIR LIIAAR!" Love ya and i posted for you

    ReplyDelete
  11. yes those are sweet pictures. what is it about books that they never stay on the shelves but cover the entire floor.

    ReplyDelete

Oh come on-- the least you can do is say HELLO!! You didn't come all this way to turn around and walk away, did you? DID YOU??