Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Rain, rain...

I know things happen for a reason. I know that when we listen to our inner selves (see previous post for expansion on that idea), we can be instruments in the hands of someone greater than us all.

November is a difficult month for a dear friend of mine. Nine years ago she found her son's body in the condo he had been renting. He was almost 19 years old. I was heartbroken when I heard the news. The autopsy reports were inconclusive. He had a history of seizures; therefore the doctor ruled accidental death, but my dear friend feels differently. She is still searching for answers, searching for the truth. Late last night I had the impression that I should send her a YouTube song or video...something to comfort her or bring her some peace. (She's a fan of music this way.) So I began searching with the Beatles and "Let it Be"...seemed like a great song with an inspirational message. But I kept searching. I stumbled upon "Stairway to Heaven" and bookmarked it; thinking that song was too bold. Nearly an hour later, I was still holding onto the last song...finally I sent it to her.

"And as we wind on down the road Our shadows taller than our soul There walks a lady we all know Who shines white light and wants to show How everything still turns to gold And if you listen very hard The truth will come to you at last When all are one and one is all To be a rock and not to roll And she's buying a stairway To heaven..."





And this is the reply I received from my dear friend:

amazing that you came up with that song, when i came home from funeral party (my son's friends) around 2 a.m. by myself in my dark house all alone, my radio came on out of nowhere (i did NOT turn it on) playing exactly that.....these are the moments that make meaning out of unanswered questions. little signs. the first sign was when it came on the radio, this is a seconding of that first one. comforting. like, its all in place....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh come on-- the least you can do is say HELLO!! You didn't come all this way to turn around and walk away, did you? DID YOU??