Thursday, December 22, 2005

Merry Christmas to MEEEEE!

So here in New Mexico...I wake up to the excitement of my husband telling everyone in the family, "we have wireless internet!!" Apparently, one of the neighbors has a wi-fi connection, and we can tap into it from the livingroom. Did you catch that?! Do you KNOW what this means?!

That's right, I can breath for the next two weeks! (er, I mean "blog"!) Now, (ms. jae), I am officially feeling the Christmas spirit! fa la la la la, LA LA LA LA!!

Our drive wasn't too bad. It did take us 17 hours, and we did it all in one shot. That's not to say we didn't TRY to stop for the night. There were no vacancies, ANYWHERE! And I found myself explaining to my four year old that just like Baby Jesus, we had no where to sleep. (Yes, I explained the nativity to Sweetie while we were in a truckstop bathroom at one o'clock in the morning. So what?!)

Everyone was excited to finally be at Grandpa's house, especially Bud-hah who asked nonstop since the first item of clothing was packed until we pulled into the drive way a thousand miles later. And though Tiny was pissed at being strapped into her carseat after the first three hours, we continued our drive as Emily Rose tried to break free from the backseat. All I can say is that we were i.m.p.r.e.s.s.e.d.

Needless to say, we all made it safe and sound. And now, if you'll excuse me, I have some blogs to read! ; )

17 comments:

  1. Emily Rose - lmao!!! Glad you made it there in one piece. Wanna make a stopover in SLC to visit aunt Jenny?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great trip. The newly engaged couple are doing great. See ya when you get back, for the ceremony.

    ReplyDelete
  3. let's hear it for safe travel...

    merry merry merry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yippee! she's back! i didn't know what i would do with out my "Miles" updates for two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you made it safe and sound. Thanks for voting on my puppy lol. Have a great christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear you made it there safe. WOW! 17 hours, in a car, three kids and non-stop? Now I AM impressed, lol!!

    Wi-fi ROCKS. That is all I can say. Have a fabulous Christmas and enjoy the family!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad the hiatus turned out to be a false alarm! It's another Christmas miracle...:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you made it all in one piece - 1,000 miles is a long time in a car seat ....at any age...

    Have a very merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel for you one the 17 hour drive. I have done way too much of that this year. Happy Christmas, and good luck with the drive home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful to hear that you made it safely. 17 hours even for a sane human will cause mental insanity!!! If worse comes to worse you can always dose them with benadryl on the way home. I know it sounds terrible, but my pediatrician said it was FINE. Sane parents raise sane children.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will admit that most of our 14-33 hour car trips were spent sleeping in shifts at rest areas! LOL.

    Sad, I know. But cheap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can picture it... You holding your child over a pee stained toliet seat (because like in all truck stops all of the toliet seat covers are pulled out and thrown on the floor to soak up the standing water)... "You see baby Jesus was born in a barn because he had no where to sleep... and you're just like him!" LOL LOL LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey - I haven't checked on you because you said you were falling into a black hole!!!

    So ALRIGHT!!!

    And Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know *I* for one am glad you're back online. Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. stealing at christmas!!! but hey...it's only wi-fi...they should know better than to leave it unsecured...it brings me pleasure in a round about way so you go girl!!! glad you guys are safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete
  16. And you can blog! Beautiful!

    Hope that's not hubby's surprise christmas present to you.

    ReplyDelete

Oh come on-- the least you can do is say HELLO!! You didn't come all this way to turn around and walk away, did you? DID YOU??