Friday, June 17, 2005

My Fortune Cookie

So we went out to dinner last night, my friends and I. We went to a Chinese restaurant, and I saved my fortune cookie until now. I'm going to open it...one sec!

It says, "May life throw you a pleasant curve." Lucky numbers 2, 12, 22, 32, 42, 45

Hmmmm, where do I go with that? Well, seems like 2 is the common denominator in all of them, except the last one. We ARE flying out for a family reunion on the 22nd, and returning on the 12th...so that's a good sign. But this whole pleasant curve thing is a bit ridiculous! Is there such thing as "a pleasant curve"? I suppose if you read it the way kids do...add the tag line, "in bed", then it seems pretty nice. Mmmmmm, yes, very nice.

But I wanted something more, something deeply moving. I don't mean to sound like one of the desperate housewives, but at least give me something to work with! C'mon! The only other way for me to escape reality is to play online during my kids' naptimes!

...so much for holding my hopes out for a telling fortune, I just thought what better way to find out than with a cookie?!

oh well.

2 comments:

  1. I just opened mine, it says: "be more affectionate today" Jeff's gonna get lucky tonight. Aren't you glad I didn't open it last night, though?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using "... in bed" always makes the fortunes that much better.

    ReplyDelete

Oh come on-- the least you can do is say HELLO!! You didn't come all this way to turn around and walk away, did you? DID YOU??