Sunday, August 05, 2007

Is This Goodbye?

Oh, I have been dreading this moment. It happened so suddenly and without warning. I'm just still not sure I'm truly ready to say goodbye...

It all started 11 days ago when my stomach was attacked by
some unknown virus. This evil bug has caused cramping, vomiting, and
diarrhea for days on end, making it damn near impossible (or simply not worth it) to
eat or drink much of anything.


As a result, my Coke Zero intake completely diminished, as
did my other fave, Diet Dr. Pepper. Today is the first "normal" day I've
had in 11 days...now the big question. I have neglected my caffeine
addiction for 11 days, suffered through headaches and irritability, late nights
and lack of sleep, and drowsiness throughout
every.single.day.


Having gone this long without ANY caffeine, do I simply say goodbye and allow only memories of the good ole days to get me through those early mornings and late nights?

Or do I stock up on fridge packs of Coke Zero and DDP and make up for lost time??!!

THAT IS THE QUESTION.

9 comments:

  1. Oh man. That's a big decision. What are you doing to replace them with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember, my advice is try it for a month and see how you do. I'd hate for you to have to go through the physical withdrawl ick without giving it a go.

    (You can always go to the nearest Piggly Wiggly or whatever and buy some if you panic and its too hard!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting off that stuff is so hard. I've officially off of it and keep only caffeine free soda in the house now. I can go days without having one. It's nice not to be dependent anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm addicted, what can I say? I'm not even ashamed anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://health.msn.com/dietfitness/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100166815&GT1=10212

    If you're off. I say... STAY OFF! I'm doing it too. It sucks. But... after reading this article I think I'm DONE!

    PS. I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would say good-bye forever. I swore off it when I got pregnant and amazingly, never went back. Even more amazing is I don't miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also addicted. Also not ashamed anymore. My husband is being a good example to me. He has quit drinking soda altogether. I am slowly following his lead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been on and off the wagon for some time now. So I'm no help. I would like Bob to stay off it because I'm sure it doesn't help with the midsection. So I say if your off it stay off it. It will be good for you and a good example for your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  9. allow yourself one a day. I suffered headaches for a week while trying to cut back to 2 cups of coffee a day instead of the whole freakin pot I was drinking now I am fine lol.

    ReplyDelete

Oh come on-- the least you can do is say HELLO!! You didn't come all this way to turn around and walk away, did you? DID YOU??